Tuesday, October 18, 2011

newest project

So the most recent project I have going (and almost completed) is and idea I found on Pinterest.  Can I just tell you, once again, how much I love that website?!  Anyway, this project is a creative way to display and store children's books.  Take a look:



(No, his walls are NOT neon yellow.  I don't know why it came out this way ...)

Using $4 IKEA spice racks, I painted them the same wall color as Seth's room, mounted them securely onto the wall and can now lean his books in them ... at a level he can reach.  And he loves it!  Before, we stored his books up on top of the armoire in his room, so unless me or my husband pulled them down, he didn't really get to play with them.  Now they can be stored in a neat and tidy place and yet still be accessible by my kid.  Plus, it's super cheap, and doesn't take up valuable play space on the floor (like a regular book shelf would).  We still have two more shelves to install, but need to get better mounting hardware to keep them up securely.  Great idea!  Thanks, Pinterest!



Oh ... and I just had to post this.  When Jack was putting up the shelves, Seth just had to be with his dad in the middle of the action!

No comments:

Post a Comment