Thursday, December 19, 2013

project: photo tile coasters

As a Christmas gift for one of my dear friends, Julie, I made coasters with photos of our kids on them.  Julie was my first "mom" friend.  We had our boys together (10 days apart) and our girls together (both named Olivia Rose, born 2 months apart).  It's been a blessing being her friend, having someone to consult with when our kids are doing weird things and someone who will pray for me and I for her.  We've been getting together for play dates since our boys were still in our tummy's! It's been amazing seeing our children grow up with each other, so to remember our time so far as friends, I made a set of coasters with pictures of our kids on them.  Starting from the time Seth and Goyo were babies, all the way to present.  I loved how they turned out.  Here are two of my favorites:




I originally found a tutorial on Pinterest, but to make them my own I decided to cut the pictures up a bit to make them more interesting.  The only materials you need are $0.16 white tiles, a photo of your choice, Mod Podge and felt (for the bottom of the coasters).  I attached the photos with Mod Podge and coated them with two additional layers of Mod Podge to protect them.  Then I hot glued flannel fabric to the back to avoid scratching table surfaces (I already had soft flannel, but using felt is good too).  So simple and a great, personal gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment