Thursday, April 3, 2014

project: doorway puppet stage

I had come across this idea on Pinterest I don't know how long ago.  I thought it was rather clever, and finally gave it a try.  Using a tension rod and some scrap fabric, I made the kids a little puppet stage/playhouse:


I made it to look like a house, complete with a roof, chimney, blue sky, tree and flower garden.  I'm really rather proud of it, especially since I did it all in one evening, and it only cost me $3.59 for the tension rod (which Google Shopping Express dropped off for me that day!).  

I was so excited to show it to the kids the next day.  Olivia cried when I put it up in her doorway and Seth thought it was cool to run through.  Not the reactions I was hoping for.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll bring it out again in another year when they can find something cool to use it for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment