Friday, February 11, 2011

seth

Why is my son so ridiculously cute?!  Sometimes my insides just tickle at the sight of him and all the adorable faces and expressions he has. 


The newest thing he has mastered: grabbing.  He is grabbing on absolutely everything (including my hair ... ouch!)!  It's been fun that he can actually start playing with toys ... the little link-together rings are his favorite.  And I swear that the simpler the toy is, the more he loves it.  Save your money on all the expensive, flashy Playskool toys ... kids keep it simple.  


Kids keep a lot of things simple actually.  I follow another mom's blog and she asked a series of questions, one being "How long do you take getting ready in the morning?".  Hmmm ... before or after having Seth?  I usually get ready after Jack leaves for work, so really how much fuss I put into getting ready in the morning is dictated by Seth's mood that day.  Some days he's soooo good and lets me shower, do hair and makeup and actually be able to take my time with each step.  Other days I can barely get into my clothes fast enough before he needs my undivided attention.  But no matter what day he's having, as soon as I turn the hair dryer on, he's mystified.  Seth loves the hair dryer.  In fact, he'll even stop fussing or stop playing with anything just to watch me.  Haha.  So simple.  


I've also noticed how simplified my wardrobe and accessories have become.  I used to be the girl who always wore big, chunky jewelry and heels ... I love high heels.  Ha!  Not only is it not practical to hold a baby and have a huge necklace smushed between him and me, but now that he's reaching for things, I am so totally afraid that he's going to rip earrings out of my ears or that I'll fall face first in the pavement while holding him in heels.  We'll just save those fun things for later years I guess.  But I've actually enjoyed bringing it back to the basics.  Praise the Lord for the selflessness that comes with having a child!


Here are a few recent photos of my little man. 






No comments:

Post a Comment