Thursday, July 21, 2011

all things home thursday: my best purchases

There are a few things in my home that I am so glad that I purchased.  I rarely will buy something for my home that I'm not in love with, but there are just a few that I absolutely love and I would buy again and again.  I decided to share them with you (I listed the prices if I could remember them):


Jewelry Trees - Urban Outfitters
I had kept my jewelry in a box prior to purchasing these. Haha.  Anything would have been an improvement, but I absolutely loved these -  with the little bird decoration on top, both the earring wheel and the bracelet tree helps keep my jewelry nice and neat.

Candle Sconces - Home Goods ($14.99 each)
Our newest addition to the Osorno home, I loved loved loved these!  I love the shape, the rod iron, everything. They give some dimension to the previously bare wall in our living room.

Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals - Trader Joe's
If you haven't tried these yet, you need to!  They have so much more flavor than regular salt. Steam some broccoli and put a little of this on top ... mmmm!  Delish!

Wall Art - Target ($6.99/set on clearance)
I think these were supposed to be for outdoor patio decor, but I loved the shape and the material, so I used it in my dining room.  I love Target clearance racks!

Wall Hooks - World Market
I was getting so frustrated because we would come in the house and throw our coats and bags and hats on the couch or the table or wherever.  We just didn't have a good place to put them.  I found these and we installed them right by the front door so now it's quite an accommodating place to keep things up off the floor and furniture.

Cube Ottomans - Overstock.com (29.99/each)
We got these to replace our big, hard-cornered coffee table once Seth became mobile.  The coffee table took up too much room in our small living room, and I was horrified at the thought of my child hitting his head on the corner of it.  So I searched around and found these.  They have turned out to be perfect!  It's a great height for Seth to stand up against and play with toys on, plus they are easily moveable to make more room in the space and double as extra seating.  Great buy.

Mirrored Nightstands - Target
I just love these.  Enough said.

Hunter Ceiling Fan - Lowe's ($109.00 on clearance)
I got this fan for 50% off and I have no idea why.  It's in perfect condition, I just found it in the clearance section.  I love that.  Our old fan totally went out on us (ok ... it was tweaking out ... it would randomly turn on and off by itself ... creepy!).  I'm not a huge fan of ceiling fans, but in our case it was necessary since we don't have A/C, and I must say, it's a gorgeous fan.  

Magnetic Clips - Walmart ($3.99)
I don't like clutter at all.  But there are some things you just need to leave out to see them, so this is a great way instead of having them sit on your counter or desk - clip them to your refrigerator.  These clips are super duty - huge magnet on the back, so they can hold lots of papers/photos/etc. without losing their hold.


Glass Jar - World Market
I wanted to have easy access to the old faithful Q-tip after showers, but didn't want to go digging for them.  I found this glass jar with a cute embossed pattern on the outside which makes storing the practical item in a cute way.

Glass Tile - Home Depot
We got our bathroom remodeled last year, and I found these tiles and fell in love!  One of my favorite additions to our house.  I don't know why, but it makes taking a shower a little nicer. :)

Key Hook - World Market
When we were living in our apartment in Elk Grove, the previous tenant had left a key hook by the front door, so we started using it when we moved in.  I found that I loved it.  I never had to look for my keys again, and especially with a child now, it allows me to get one item out of my hands quickly after getting inside the door.




1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to buy a house to decorate! :) Good finds!

    ReplyDelete