Friday, February 10, 2012

meeting baby o2 for the first time!

Yesterday we had our first appointment with the midwives, our first ultrasound and first time hearing Baby O2's heartbeat!  I was looking forward to this day for weeks!  And my mom surprised me by driving all the way to our house the night before so she could join us!  A doubly-wonderful day.


The baby is perfectly the right size for my 8-weeks of pregnancy (about the size of a kidney bean).  They gave us the due date of September 21.  That's only four days before Seth's due date ... which means we're going to have kids almost exactly two years apart! 


I love this first ultrasound because you can actually see the heart beating.  It looks like a fluttering butterfly.  So miraculous!  We were even able to hear the heartbeat ... it was so strong!  Ahhhh.  It was just surreal sitting there, listening to the heartbeat of this child, with my other child sitting next to me.  Are we really doing this again?!  Are we seriously going to have two children?  Wow.


I've been feeling pretty queasy, extremely fatigued and I constantly gag when I brush my teeth (why?!?!).  But ... only a few more weeks and I should be feeling much better!  Praise God, the giver of LIFE.



No comments:

Post a Comment