Monday, April 29, 2013

from shoreline park to nineveh

Mondays are usually my no-shower-and-look-like-a-scrub day, filled with lots of laundry and cleaning. So in between loads and naps today {you have to time these things quite carefully!}, I decided to take the kids down to Shoreline Park Reserve so that I could get in some exercise {since I'm already a mess}, and to let them enjoy the great outdoors as well. 
There's a small boat that they've brought ashore and turned into a playground, with a moat of sand all around it.  We stopped there to have a picnic lunch and play.  Seth jumped out of the stroller and darted onto the boat.  After a few minutes, he yells, 

 "I'm going to Nineveh!" {The town where God asked Jonah the prophet to go.}
"Oh, really, Seth?" 
"Yes.  I'm going to tell the people to stop doing bad things and Jesus will forgive them."  

Oh, it was a delightful morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment