Monday, August 1, 2011

home sweet home

Finally.  Our house painting project is complete!  I am overjoyed at how it turned out.  It looks so new and clean ... and makes everything else that isn't new and clean (such as our roof), look nastier than ever.  Haha ... but that's another project for another day.  Take a peek:
(Our house before)

(Our newly painted home)

(Our new house numbers [Orchard Supply] and mailbox [Amazon] ... I got these numbers on sale many, many months ago in faith that our house would be painted one day.  I loved them so much, and they actually served as my jumping-off point for the color scheme of the house and all the other details.)

(New light from Lowe's)

(Our existing doorbell ... I thought it was adorable!)

(Yes, I painted our front door purple!)

(We added this window trim to all of the windows around the house.  I think it was the one single biggest impact on the overall look of the house.)

(Entry before ... and after)

Believe it or not, we're not completely done yet.  We have shutters that we're going to be putting up on the front middle window and flower boxes that need to be installed on the two side windows.  That should really dress up the front of the house even more.

I'm so excited I just want to go sit outside and stare at my house!



1 comment:

  1. sooooo cute sylvia! i wish i could do that to our house (it needs it badly) but we rent. oh well - i'll just live vicariously through you and how well yours turned out. very nice.

    ReplyDelete