Sunday, March 13, 2011

first time for everything

So this weekend marked the date of Seth's first haircut!  Yes, he's only 5 months, but believe me, his hair was a long, scraggly mess.  He had a puff of hair on top, an extremely long rat-tail in the back, and a bald spot in between.  It was time to trim:


(Seth with Yessica, the lady who also does Daddy's hair!)

As you can see, we still kept a little of his puff on top, but just to match Jack's faux-hawk.  Yessica even put a little hair putty in to keep it spiked!  He did really well ... no crying or anything.  He sat in his dad's lap and had his own little apron (which he chewed on most of the time).  I filmed the whole thing and should have sent it to most of you, but if you didn't get it, let me know and I'll resend it.  He looks even more like a little boy now!

A friend of mine told me about a baby photo contest that Whole Foods Market was putting on.  We're supposed to submit a photo of our baby eating food and the top best pictures will win money and/or a gift card to Whole Foods (love them!).  Here's the picture we submitted:

(Sweet potatoes ... whoa!)

Pretty priceless, I must say.  I was sitting there with my camera in one hand, snapping pictures every few seconds and the spoon in  my other hand, feeding him.  This picture makes him look like he doesn't like sweet potatoes, but he really does.  Seriously.  And pears.  And peas.  And carrots.  Mmmm.  



No comments:

Post a Comment