Friday, March 18, 2011

tough days

The past few days have been really, extremely tough for me with Seth.  Without going into all of the details, he's simply decided to be a lot more fussy, not willing to take naps without a crutch (i.e. breastfeeding or taking a car ride), adding to that his growing strength and ability to throw tantrums, I have been pushed over the edge.  It's so hard for me too because he hasn't always been like this.  He was such a mello, chill baby for the first couple months of his life.  And he was great at being able to put himself to sleep for naps.  Not anymore!  Granted he is in the midst of teething (I swear I'm going to see a tooth any day now!), and is growing at an extraordinary rate, so he has reason to be uncomfortable but goodness gracious already, this Mom has had enough!


And then I think about the Lord.  How merciful He is with us!  I mean really.  I get so to the end of my rope with Seth when he's been fussy for a week, but the Lord's mercy and patience with us is unfathomable.  Think about it:  how often do you go against the Lord?  If you're honest with yourself, it's daily.  Perhaps multiple times per day.  And yet you're still breathing ... God giving you another chance at making things right with him.  He'll give you minutes upon minutes, days upon days, years upon years full of mercy to find Him and be right with Him and to walk with Him.  Now that is patience!  Lord, my God of mercy, I need your patience!


(p.s. This is the only reason I'm able to write this right now ... Seth fell asleep on the way back from the grocery store, cuddling with his monkey from GG!)

1 comment:

  1. Dre' was like that just before he popped his first bottom two teeth...NOW WE'RE AT IT AGAIN!!!! This time the top two are ready to poke through. So I feel ya Silvia.

    This past week has been really hard on me too. So I'm there!

    ReplyDelete