Friday, April 15, 2011

to grandma's house we go

This past week Jack had a business convention in Santa Barbara, so Seth and I took the opportunity to visit Grandma and Grandpa Hull (and Uncle Max!) in Elk Grove.  We had a great time with them, as well as seeing a few of my dear friends whom I don't get to see very often anymore.  

I was a little nervous about going because it seems that every time we spend the night somewhere other than home, Seth's sleeping is horrible, and I totally understand.  For a little guy, a new place with new smells and sounds is distracting.  But he did great!  Well, the first night anyway.  The second night he was up pretty frequently, but when we woke up in the morning, I discovered he had popped his third tooth!  I'll give him a night of restlessness for that!  (I'd love to post pictures of his teeth, but he's a little ball of energy and won't sit still long enough, let alone leave his mouth open for a picture to take place.)  He was also such a happy, cheerful boy!  Man I carted him around to so many new places to see so many new people and instead of being his shy self at first, he was Mister Smiley!  Truly a delight to everyone, including myself.  And the smiles didn't stop there.  As soon as Jack got home last night, Seth sent him the hugest smiles and giggles ever.  It was so adorable!  He missed his daddy!

I didn't take many pictures from the trip, but here are two.  The first one is Seth with my friend Samantha's daughter, Brooke.  I think Seth developed his first crush!  He adored her.  He watched her and laughed at her and couldn't get enough of her!

(Look at him stare at her!)

And of course, we had to have some play time with Grandma!  We had lots of good times giggling, playing and smooching!

(Hide and seek ... laundry style.)

We had a great time, but it was also great to come home.  I missed Jack so much!  Though Seth was so well-mannered and in great spirits all week, I didn't realize just how much I do depend on Jack as my partner in parenthood because as soon as he came home last night and we were cuddling on the couch after Seth went to sleep, I too, fell fast asleep within minutes.  I was exhausted of being Mommy and Daddy for three days!  Praise the Lord for my wonderful husband!


No comments:

Post a Comment