Saturday, May 21, 2011

month of discoveries, find #12: your local library

This past week, Seth and I needed to get out of the house but I didn't want to spend any money so we decided to make a trip down to the Mountain View Public Library.  I haven't been much of a library fan in the past.  I don't know why, but just never frequented it.  Perhaps it was because I just didn't know of all of the wonderful resources that the local library had to offer: books (obviously), music, DVDs, free classes, story times, and the list goes on and on!  Seth and I have been going to the musical story time on Friday mornings at the library.  They give all of the kids little egg shakers to shake to the beat of the songs we sing.  Seth loves it!  This week I checked out these books:


If you haven't read any of Francine Rivers' books yet, you need to.  She's a fabulous author!  She writes those types of novels where you just can't put it down ... you don't care if you have to get up super early the next morning, or if you'll be a few minutes late somewhere ... you-just-can't-put-it-down!!!  Those are the best kind of authors/books.  So I've read quite a few of her novels, and had to keep going.  This is the first book of her Mark of the Lion Series, which I've heard is fantastic.  I also got this book:


My mom got me interested in sewing, cross-stitching, and pretty much anything creative when I was little.  She gave me my first sewing machine in high school after I took a fashion design class (which really had little to do with fashion design, but taught us to sew).  We started by making pillows and then by the end of the semester I made a summer dress and a denim jacket that I actually wore!  Since then I've made some random projects: curtains, pillow shams, muscle-relaxing rice bags, etc. So when I saw this book, I was inspired to keep going!  Look at all these neat projects:

(Garden tools bag)

 (Art utensils pouch)

(Office supplies holder)

(Easy instructions)

I can't wait to get reading and to get sewing!  So go make a trip down to your public library and be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment