Sunday, May 1, 2011

month of discoveries, find #1: meri meri

Welcome to the first post of May, the Month of Discoveries!


Ok you all know that I have an obsession with paper, right?  I don't know what it is, but I seriously feel a rush of euphoria whenever I walk into Paper Source or Papyrus or any of those stationary and paper crafting stores.  Did you also know that I love parties?  Like baby showers, bridal showers, weddings, birthdays ... but not for reasons you'd think.  I love parties for the decorating part of it.  From the color of the napkins to the centerpieces to the type of food, I love it and I love it when it all coordinates.  So when I came across our first find, Meri Meri, I most definitely fell in love!  Paper and parties put together!



(Cupcake kit)

(Ok, a little early for Christmas, but look how cute this gift tag is!)

(Place cards ... I love place cards!)

(Goodie bags)

(Precious!)

 Amazing stuff, right?  Especially for kids.  And I wouldn't be surprised if you would see this at Seth's first birthday party:


(What kid doesn't want a giant dinosaur centerpiece at their party?!)

Now I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of paper party goods only because they're often not done in great taste.  But by picking and choosing which items to use (such as the cupcake kits and a centerpiece) instead of buying everything with a dinosaur on it, you can class up the party and make it more interesting.  Plus, it's often less expensive.  Maybe I should start my own party or wedding planning business ... Hmmm ...



No comments:

Post a Comment