Monday, May 2, 2011

month of discoveries, find #2: secrets from a stylist

I don't watch much t.v., but when I do, it's usually HGTV.  Love it.  Ok, so I probably watch more of it than I'd like to admit, but I get really inspired by everything I see on there.  I have about a million other ideas of how I'd like to redecorate my house.  Don't get me wrong, I like my house exactly how it is, but I've always been one to like to rearrange furniture frequently or change decor styles a lot (just ask my mom ... I've been that way the majority of my life).  It's just fun!  


Well recently I came across a new show on HGTV called Secrets from a Stylist.  Emily Henderson, the host and designer, won the most recent Design Star (HGTV's reality show), the prize being her own design show.  At first I wasn't too sure about her.  She's super cute and funny, but seemed a little quirky.  (There are a few HGTV shows with hosts and designers that are just plain corny, so I was kinda assuming Emily was going to be like that.)  But after catching the first episode I was hooked!  In the show, she really gets to know the clients and helps put together a room, layer by layer, based on their personalities.





  
Honestly, it's hard to just say in a few words what design style you like, so that's why Emily's format is so neat because she pulls out of you things you might not have thought of yourself. And I absolutely love her mixture of styles.  It makes it seem so effortless.  I also love her use of wallpaper.  Oh, I love wallpaper!  I remember putting up room upon room of wallpaper with my mom back in the day, but wallpaper now is different ... it's usually only put on one wall as a piece of artwork.  And the prints available are amazing!  So check out Secrets from a Stylist on HGTV, Saturdays, 9p/8c.  

No comments:

Post a Comment