Thursday, May 26, 2011

month of discoveries, find #16: much ado about you

Back in 2009 I was gearing up for my final semester of college at Sac State.  Every school year I get a new student planner and I'd usually get the boring one from the bookstore on campus because it had all the dates specific to Sac State (no school days, finals weeks, etc.).  They were always ugly, but it was just easy. They also always spanned a full school year, but this specific year I was going to be graduating in December and I didn't want to lug around a planner reminding me of college even after I had graduated, so I went onto Etsy to see if someone somewhere in the world made cute planners.  Much Ado About You is what I found!

In fact, Much Ado About You is the entire reason behind me starting "Month of Discoveries".  Ever since I found them and have been using their calendars, I have been so inspired.  They are personalized calendars ... each year they come out with new designs to choose from and they come in three sizes: small, medium and large.  They customize it to have your name or initials on it and have a place for you to put a picture on the cover (if you want, but you can ask for that not to be there too).  For something that you use and see multiple times per day, every day, it is so refreshing to have something fun!

Emmy, the owner, holds the same obsession with paper as I do, plus she's a stay-at-home mom like I am, and she's a Christian!  Triple wammy!  I follow her blog: Confessions of a Paper Freak (!!!!) as well.  I feel like we would be wonderful friends if we ever met in person, but as of now I am just inspired by her.  (I hope she doesn't think I'm a creeper!)

I was so excited to show you their website and Etsy shop, but unfortunately they are closed until August.  But it's for a good reason!  Emmy adopted a beautiful baby girl and is soaking in the time with her.  So I did the next best thing and took pictures of the calendars I have purchased ... you just have to remember to check them out in August when they open up shop again!
(My first Much Ado About You calendar!)

(My current calendar)

(Next year's calendar ... yes, I got it already ... and yes, it is covered in gold glitter!  This is the small size.  I decided to get it smaller this year to fit better in my purse.)

(Month view)

(Week view)

So don't forget to check out Much Ado About You in August!




No comments:

Post a Comment