Wednesday, May 11, 2011

random post

Ok I know this is supposed to be "The Month of Discoveries" on my blog, but I just had to insert a Seth post because he's been doing a little discovering of his own!
First of all, Seth now has six teeth!  Yes, 6.  For only being 7 1/2 months and having six teeth, I think this kid is a little ahead of schedule.  And he finally has top teeth!  I'm going to be a nerd and tell you which specific teeth he has: he has his two  Bottom Central Incisors, two Bottom Lateral Incisors, and now his two Upper Canines.  He's been growing teeth in pairs.  And if he doesn't get either his Upper Centrals or Laterals soon, he's going to look like a werewolf.  




On another note, he is seriously about to crawl.  Check out my latest YouTube video.  It's amazing to see your own character traits come out in your children.  I've noticed it before, but especially now that Seth is trying so incredibly hard to crawl.  Like me, he gets easily frustrated with himself when he can't do something perfectly the first time (Lord, spare this child!).  Over the past three days especially he's been trying and trying and trying to crawl and has pretty much mastered being able to get up on his knees and rock back and forth, but that forward motion thing is just not happening yet.  He can scoot backwards pretty well and manages to get across the room eventually, but he has just been plain moody lately due to his lack of accomplishment.  But I'll give it to him because I can see such a determination in his eyes.  He's not giving up!

We were playing with some stuffed animals today ... something I don't do with him enough apparently because he loved it.



(I'm not okay.)

(Now I'm fine.)

Oh and his new favorite thing is to stand up on things by himself!  He can't pull himself up yet, but if I place him up against something, he's hanging on ... and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment